Building on years of successful 'classic' geosteering service, DWL adds Elemental Steering to the Surface Measurement While Drilling service-line. Using geochemical data our team of Chemostratigraphers create packages pre-defining the formation boundaries with significant elemental markers. These markers guide the geosteering team who receive their data in realtime from our Hybrid Mud Logging field geologists. Data quality is paramount and communication between field geologists, geoscience analysts, geosteerers, and client is key. The power of cuttings data assures every well is steered with certainty and security.
Elemental Steering Delivers:
- Greater geological knowledge
- Better geo-positioning in tight target-zones
- Increased certainty navigating geohazards/faults
- Cost effectiveness when LWD is not an option
- Availability of data when GR fails or loses definition
- Perfect results in small hole sizes - Coiled Tubing
- Realtime data to improve completion strategies
- Quality assurance and capital efficiency
DWL runs its Classic Geosteering and Elemental Steering operations from facilities in Washington and Southpointe, Pennsylvania; Odessa, Texas; and with remote operators from Tennessee. Our expertise spans over nine years of drilling, over fifteen million feet of hole, and an in-target success rate of close to ninety percent. The geosteering team has experience with multiple steering software including Stoner, TerraVu, Boresite, WellDirect, and BoreView. However, most geosteering jobs and ALL Elemental Steering projects, are now run with Rogii StarSteer software due to its versatility and ability to incorporate model based data, geochemical data, gas data, and downhole MWD and LWD data.