Diversified Well Logging LLC., believes that to be successful and deliver the best possible service to our clients, we must have personnel who have the training and competence to provide that service.
Over the past several years DWL's training and competence programs have undergone constant review and improvement, to the point that we are confident that our processes are second to none. Indeed, once again in 2018, DWL was audited and received full accreditation for its Competency Assurance Program by the IADC.
The Training Path to Competence
A simplified representation of an employee's training path is illustrated below:
The steps to competence and career progression include
- Hiring and onboarding
- Required HSE training undertaken (PEC, SafeLand, SafeGulf, H2S etc.)
- DWL technical training begun - WBT or ILT
- Training continues on the job - WBT, Field Learning Modules, Mentoring
- Work instructions assigned for job-critical tasks
- Supervisors conduct field assessments
- Progress tracked in DWL's Qualification database
- Employee progresses when assessments for a level are complete
- Employee begins the process to advance to the next level
WBT or ILT:
- Job Overview
- Rig Familiarization
- Cuttings Preparation
- Cuttings Examination
- Gas Basics
- Drill Monitoring
- Gas Ratios & Quality
- Mudlogging Math
- Advanced Gas QA/QC
- PetroEd HSE Courses
- Rig Familiarization
- Volume Calculations
- Sample Preparation
- Sample Examination
- Sample Oil & Gas Shows
- Drilled Cuttings Evaluation
- AAPG Abbreviations Guide
- XRF Operations
- H2S Awareness
As other opportunities within the company become available, we shall look to our own employees to fill those positions. Diversified Well Logging is growing its new, advanced service suite - Surface Measurement While Drilling (SMWD) - and will be looking to train our people to fill new roles in geochemistry, geosteering, and gas analysis of chromatographic and mass spectrometry data.
Also, as time goes on and our business expands, we will provide the necessary training for employees who wish to move into supervisory and management roles.
DWL believes in its employees and wishes to provide the necessary encouragement and tools for everyone to reach their full potential.